Friday, April 10, 2015

For Tuesday: The Hobbit, Chs.8-11

No writing this time, just work on catching up on reading (get to Ch.11 or very close) and I'll give you an in-class response on Tuesday.  ALSO, start thinking/planning your Final Paper.  I'll give you an actual assignment sheet for the Final Paper on Tuesday just so everyone is clear on what to do.  I'll also hand out an article on Tolkein's literary merit (or lack thereof) on Tuesday which we will discuss on Thursday--I'll leave copies in my door in case you have to miss (though I can't think of a possible reason why should should!) :) 

Until then, I leave you with the song of the Elves:

South away! and South away!
Seek the sunlight and the day,
Back to pasture, back to mead,
Where the kine and oxen feed!  
Back to the gardens on the hills
Where the berry swells and fills
Under sunlight, under day!
South away! and South away!  

No comments:

Post a Comment